Jammu and Kashmir: The Road Ahead?
December 23, 2019
In a meeting of civil society and political activists from Jammu and Kashmir and other parts of India the following resolutions were passed.
1. The pre 5 August, 2019 position in J&K should be restored. In the spirit of federalism and the 73rd and 74th amendments to the Constitution decentralisation of political decision making should take place at the levels of states which constitute Union of India as well as at Panchayat and Urban local bodies levels.
2. Army should be withdrawn from internal areas of Jammu and Kashmir to restore normalcy.
3. Cease Fire agreement on LoC should be implemented strictly by engaging Government of Pakistan in dialogue so that citizens on both sides do not have to pay heavy price for its daily violations.
4. Internet and other mobile based services, educational institutions should be resumed.
5. All detainees and people from J&K put in jail for political reasons should be released.
Meeting attended by: Sheikh Abdul Rehman, former MP, Bangladesh Bharat Pakistan People's Forum, G.M. Mizrab, Regional Secretary, CPI, Kashmir, I.D. Khajuria, Santosh Khajuria, Advocate Jameel Kazmi, J&K Forum for Peace and Territorial Integrity, Bilal Khan, Haq Insaf Party, Shahid Saleem Mir, J&K People's Democratic Movement, Amrit Varsha, Tariq Saleem, National Conference, Kumar Prashant, Ashok Kumar, Gandhi Peace Foundation, Satya Pal, Servants of People Society, Faisal Khan, Sahil Ahmed, Aleem, Farheen, Khudai Khidmatgar, Sunilam, Samajwadi Samagam, Arun Srivastava, Loktantrik Janata Dal, Sanjay Paswan, Bhartiya Janata Party, Karnail Singh, Darshan Singh, Internationalist Democratic Party, Biswajit, Rajeev Kumar, Rashtriya yuva Sangathan, Manjoo Mohan, Sandeep Pandey, Syed Tahseen Ahmed, Niraj Kumar, Pradeep Shah, Vishal Joshi, Socialist Party (India), Deepak Gupta, Sunita Vishwanath, Hindus for Human Rights, Umang Kumar, Sudeep Dalvi, Goa, Sudhir Chopra, Ramnik Mohan, Rajinder Choudhary, Jaber Singh Jung, Ram Sharan, Swatanter Bakshi, Robinder Singh Dutt, Chandra Vikash, Braj Kishore Jha, Nisar Alam Ansari, Mohammad Amin Naik, Shailendra Singh
Donate to the Indian Writers' Forum, a public trust that belongs to all of us.